Bouncing back from an event that throws you off your course is a skill that can be used in many aspects of your life. In my profession I see lots of people start habits towards living a healthy life but an event happens which can be as simple as the holiday season and they fall off track for months before they are able to get back to their plan. More serious events such as divorce, death of a loved one, wedding, caring for a loved one, etc. can all take a toll on your health as well. The faster you can bounce back the higher quality of life you will have. Getting back on track does not mean being on a diet or embarking on a difficult exercise regiment. It means find a balance to allow you to enjoy love in a healthy way. Every person is different which is why the approach should be unique as well.
If you have been stalling about improving your overall health , take action now. Don’t wait until after the holidays, or the next big event, take charge NOW. Most of the my clients agree that is much easier than they thought. Think of your body like a car. The better you take care of it, the better performance you will get. A few key factors play a big role :
- Nutrition – food is like the gas in the car. Nutrient rich foods are key. That does not mean you can’t enjoy foods that are considered “bad” for you as long you have a good balance.
- Movement – A car does not do well sitting in the garage, it is meant to be driven. Your body is the same, it needs movement to keep running without spitting and sputtering or aches and pains in the case of the human body.
- Sleep – A car needs time to cool off after being driven and the human body needs recovery. Recovery is often overlooked , but that is when the magic happens.
- Socialization – Human beings are more than a hunk of metal. We have emotions, wants, and needs, and are fed by human interaction. There is a reason isolation or ” the hole” is the most extreme punishment for prisoners. People thrive when they have fulfilling relationships in their life.
- Stress Management – Stress if often compared to smoking these days in the damage it can do. The human body was created to go into overdrive when needed , but it was not meant to be in a constant state of overdrive. Back to the car analogy again, being in Overdrive too long will burn out the engine. There are lots of ways your body is telling you it is running HOT from high blood pressure, sleep issues, weight gain just to name a few. Learning how to manage the stress of today’s crazy life can seem like a full time job, but with a few simple changes it can be a thing of the past.
If you are ready to be the best version of yourself, let’s Bounce Back together. Contact me at email@example.com or directly at 316-650-9437 to get started.